Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Food at Yong Peng

After cousin sister's wedding and since my in-laws came to visit, I took my parents down to Singapore for a visit. On the way, we stopped by Yong Peng since it is pretty near the exit of North South Highway. After searching through the internet, found that Yong Peng is pretty popular with Fuchow food. There were two restaurants mentioned quite often by bloggers and we dropped by this one.

Soursop drink.
The fry Fuchow or Hock Chiew noddles...quite nice BUT very oily...I guess without oil, food will not taste so nice, right?

..then the usual red ginger wine chicken...alot of people love this but for me, since I dont really like the taste of alcohol, it was just so-so for me. And I like red on my clothes...not on my chicken..hehe....

...Fu Chow meat balls...
..very unique..inside got meat....very yummy...

..The restaurant....on the main road. Very easy to find since Yong Peng is just one main road...but a very long and busy main road though! ...The shop is nearby the balai polis though. One thing about the bill is that the drink is pretty expensive...ok! Dont order that. Cost us Rm8 per cup. It seemed that the tree used to grow wild and widely available during the childhood time of my parents...but NOW...it is rare and expensive!

...Nearby there is this shop which sell the Hock Chew mee...not too bad....






3 comments:

Alvin said...

I love the drink too!! Very cooling. Too expensive though. In Sibu, slightly cheaper...RM3 to RM5....

Anonymous said...

Recommend you another restaurant,Or Hwu Restaurant五湖餐馆,which is famous in Yong Peng,but the drink and food is cheaper than this restaurant.

Bed and Breakfast Brugge said...

Yummy Food ! That's good Looking and lovely sharing