Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

PUP - Exodus 25-31

We started our class again after many weeks of holiday...:)...and again, we were so blessed by our teacher Cheng. This week we learnt about the Tabernacle which God told the Israelites to build exactly according to the pattern that He gave. While I was doing the lessons, I got to admit, I was bored by all the measurements and materials, etc...but once it was explained and shown, the impact was different. Actually PUP is good because it gave the examples of each type of furniture of the Tabernacle and we were supposed to note down the measurements and materials. Anyway thanks to internet, if you want a picture of the Tabernacle, you can get it here http://www.templebuilders.com/Index_Tabernacle_of_Moses_2.php

Application to life is that this shows how God was so detailed in terms of the building of His House and how Aaron and his sons as priests are to approach Him. Why is this so? Because God is Holy. For me, I think I take God for granted, only praying to him before I fall asleep instead of seriously doing quiet time. Worse my posture during prayer is laying on my back and about to fall asleep.

And the pattern of how Aaron is to go into the Tabernacle - cleanse himself first or he will die! Application to us - we are to read the Word fo God to cleanse ourselves as the Word and Holy Spirit will convict us of our sins and we are to confess with our lips to God who will be faithful to forgive. After cleansing, Aaron will be able to go into the Holy of Holies - we would be able to approach God in our prayers. How profound is this and how much it convict me. Sigh. Ok, got to do better. We are so blessed to live in these times of grace instead of the Old Testament times where a wrong move due to not folllowing God's stric instructions and they will be struck dead.

Ok, as a conclusion, I would like to share my son's photos in a coin-operated car at shopping complex. You can see him hard at work, turning the steering wheels! ......Sigh, nice to be a child again, hoh?




No comments: