Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lessons from Precept Upon Precept ("PUP")

I have been attending a Bible class called Precept Upon Precept (founded by Kay Arthur - you can goggle it) for more than a year - it is really a good in-depth Bible study which really makes you think in a different perspective. Before this I have to admit, I read the Bible like a story-book especially the Old Testament. :)

We are currently doing a study on Exodus after going through Genesis starting from Abraham, Friend of God. What really impacted me from Lesson 5 of Exodus is from Chapter 15 and the verses as below. The Israelites have already escaped from Egypt and seen all the plagues of God and His miracle of parting the Red Sea (which was just 3 days ago). But guess what? The Israelites were now grumbling for lack of water!

Hmmm...that really made me think of myself. Do I look at the circumstances around me and grumble? Instead of thanking God for His provisions? I guess I do make excuses that I am still human (and of flesh).....but it is about time that I start to disciplining myself to grumble less and think more about God's grace. Anyway enough of sermons! :) A book that I was reading was the Screwtapes - by CS Lewis. It is a great book as it is written from the perspective of the devil workers! In this book, an uncle devil is writting advice to his nephew devil on how to tempt human beings into failing in their walk with God. It is really a mind-opening book.

1 comment:

cube said...

Aiyoooo..i am so behind on my lessons. Wanted to go study in library today, but too tired. Slept 5 minutes in bus on way home.

I am 2 lessons behind :((

Am reading "the business of Heaven" CS Lewis. Some quotes from srewtape to wormwood is there too. Good read! And he was an atheist fighting to reject Christianity...God has a different idea for him, hasn't He?

The names reminds me of certain characters in harry potter, like wormtail and how he had to do work for voldermort. Am sure the author read screwtape!