Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sydney - April 2008






Ok...this is long over-due as I am supposed to report to a friend on how was my experience in bringing a little one for a holiday. Overall, I will summarised it as ...difficult! Would I do it again? Yes....I will not go anywhere without my little angel.

First, the plane flight. Always choose a night flight.....he slept for a few hours. We were pretty lucky that on our way there, the MAS flight was not full. So the nice air stewardess offer us a row of seats all to ourselves. Hub saw that the row behind was empty and he took that. I could basically lie down on my back and put BB on top of me. Unfortunately BB is used to have space on his own which means he loves to turn around here and there (in Cantonses - lan fan), which basically means no space for him. So I did not get much sleep as he kept turning around on me! Then towards the end of the flight, I gave up sleeping and I lie him on the seat by himself...and he slept peacefully without tossing and turning! Haiyah!

When we reach Sydney, we took it easy for the day as we really did need to catch up on sleep. We bunked in with my cousin and his family who took us around on Saturday and Sunday.

Overall I will say that basically we travel in the morning but by later afternoon, we had to go home already as BB needs his nap and he was not going to nap in his stroller or his car seat. The most that he will sit in his stroller was about about an hour or so...and that is after stuffing him with his milk - see pict. Sigh...

And he refuse to keep still as you can see from our meal picture above. That we took at the Fish Market.....yummy curry laksa with loads of seafood....!

But looking back, it was a pretty relaxing vacation. I guess age catching up where we cannot really go out sightseeing the whole day. We wonder how we did the whole route from Sydney to Melbourne by car last time. And when we were in Blue Mountains, basically we walk around and we did some hiking too! Up a 1,000 steps as well.
PS - do remember to bring the stroller!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, the mail box express cat and the dog. the pics not next to the words?,,,,