Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Recipe for Chilly Paste


The other day, my curry paste (given by Mom) habis. So went to buy from market 300 gm of dry chilly for RM1.20 per 100 gram. Quite a bit as dry chillies are quite light...When I said I wanted 500 gm, the guy was like..emmm..are you sure? Ok, so luckily he did warn me. My memories of Mum when I was young was that she sit on her stool, floor cover with newspaper and then she cutting the dry chilly and shaking the biji-biji out.

Well, when I did it myself, I realise how difficult it is. My first mistake was I did not wear gloves....wow! after that, my whole hand was like on "fire". Ha ha...... So I just used about 200gm.

Anyway after taking out the chilly seeds, I promptly called Mom up. I thought it will be smooth sailing from now. Oh no! Guess what? I am in for a LOT more work. First need to boil.....


This is how it looks like after boiling and then must blend along with bawang and garlic







My little helper - he wants to put a bit of his milk into it as well... :)






This is how it looks like after it is blended










Almost done - have to fry it first. Almost kena marah by mother...when i asked her how come need to fry - haiyah, daughter, then how to straight away use for food-leh??? Which elicited another groan from me - so much work meh???







This is the finish product - 2 nicely packed in bottles in fridge - 1 for Mom for all her hard work! I guess from now onwards I better supply her chilly paste.

2 comments:

LTWL said...

love your blog so far...interesting posts!

LTWL said...

oops, btw that was me above - cheryl...don't know why my initial came out differently