Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1st Day in Auckland





Since many people ask about my trip to new zealand, better to write it down on my blog.
Anyway on arrival, the first impression was small airport. The lady who sat next to me mentioned that hey, it reminds us of the Kota Kinabalu airport...but of course the KK airport now is much bigger arleady! When we arrive there, brother and sister in law was there to pick us up. I found that the custom was much easier to pass through than Australia. In Australia, even though we declare, we still had to open up our suitcases to show. Over here, they just let it go through the X-ray machine to verify what I declared. I brough 4 packets of Nescafe 3-1, 1 box of Kopi-O and 10 boxes of tooth paste! yah! when the box when through the x-ray machine, the officer ask what were those small boxes where. I said toothpaste and he could not comprehend what I said (maybe my malaysian slang??)....then I made a motion of brushing my teeth! Haha.

Bro rented a big big van....must post the pict later.

Then it was off for tim sum lunch as the race course restaurant. Yum Yum......
And then retire to our Hilton Apartments (yes, nothing but the best from my brother!)....the apartment was nice as it overlook the port.

No comments: