Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

What has been going in Aug 2010?

It has been quite some time since I posted anything. This is because I was looking around for a camera and finally got a cool Nikon touch-screen for Rm700. Was eyeing a Canon for Rm1.2k which can do a lot of stuff (except making me look thinner!).......but thought that Ben might want to do a bit photography. So better keep on the safe side and bought a cheaper one.

The new camera is really good and takes pretty good pictures. You can see a night photo below. The only thing is that the sizes of the photos are much bigger. The home computer takes ages to upload the photos in the blog. Hence the silence. Then I tried to copy the photo from camera to my thumb drive (1G) and unfortunately it was not enough too! Hence I had to take the camera to the internet cafe (which is where I am now!) and upload the photos. The internet computer are usually faster but since the photos are huge (as I am finding out now)...it also takes a long time. I guess I have to go back and do some resizing using Picasa.

OK what have we been up to for the past few months? Parents are leaving for Auckland soon to see my cutey-pie niece, Kara (hope to post photos of her soon). So we took the whole family out for duck lunch.
I did not realise I was wearing similar stripes shirt as Ben until husband pointed it out. :)...you can see Ben trying his best to get out of his chair.
The yummy Peking duck.
Besides that we have been to the beach a lot - Sepang Morib and Port Dickson. Friend was scratching her head and saying what do Ben do there since there are no slides or swimming pools? Well, he love the sand and will dig, push, pull, etc.....with it. Will show photos later.
This month also is the last month for Hegeru for Ben. He joined in February and since it is pretty costly Rm100 per hour, I thought that I will try to replicate it at home. From February until now, which is almost 6 months, I believe that I have learned enough to do the same at home plus with help from another mother (you should check out her blog - very good! She is generous with her information and materials as well!). So below is the photo of last day with sin-seh Yvonne who has really helped a lot in terms of understanding Ben and helping Ben to love things like puzzles, linking memory, etc...I really would miss her...just that the lessons are so expenisve.

And finally, the dentist appointment at Bangsar. Am very happy to report that Ben is quite used to going to the dentist and allows the doctor 5 minutes to touch his teeth! After that is a trip to the nearby Choo-Choo Train (which is also having a 50% discount on metal cast Thomas train characters. Me and husband went ga-ga there. Sale is until end of next mont or while stocks last..have been thinking of getting the Thomas Water Tower).
Ok, time to pick up Ben from school and will continue later after I resize all the photos. Stay tuned.

No comments: